January 04, 2013

The Three Big Consoles


Weather you're going to buy a PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii U. Keep in mind that the next generation of consoles have been rumoured to be releasing this year, possibly this fall but don't get too excited because most consoles always promise us one thing then want to change certain things so I don't think the PS4 (Orbis) or Xbox 720 (Durango) will be in sight till at least next year 2014, trust me.

The Orbis rumoured to have no discs involved or discs that can't be used twice with another account so that disc is bound to one account meaning that the disc can not be resold as a pre-owned product. One of the reasons being because the developers don't earn anything from the pre-owned sales and not enough of the new discs will be purchased. This one thing has me wondering whether I want to get a PS4 in the future because I've bought plenty of pre-owned games and I've started with Sony since the early days of the PS1, PS2, PSP then the PS3. I feel that Sony are going to start asking for money since they offer free online play on their PS3 system. Other than that I don't have any other knowledge on what else Sony are going to do so far..


Now the Xbox 720 codename Durango is a bit different, I hear the "kinect" is going to be a little different as in the game is going to come to life in your livingroom sort of like a 3D feel. But does that mean we have to purchase 3DTV's as well? This might turn a lot of heads as the 3D genre is becoming more of a thing but can be a bit pricey.
Rumours also say the same with this console that you can't play used games, maybe everything will be digital? But then I think games will then become more expensive. They say both consoles PS / Xbox will have AMD Radeon Graphics as well, what kind? Who knows?

Then we have the Wii U, already released on the 30th of November this console has a way to go to even catch up to the PS3 and Xbox 360 in my opinion. Its buggy and doesn't really contain a high amount of storage leaving you to fork out for more storage. So my verdict..DON'T BUY ONE TILL THEY GO DOWN IN PRICE! In all fairness though the Wii U does look pretty cool. But its early days! So think wisely before buying one and wait for more announcements on the other two new consoles being confirmed at E3 this year!

Take care
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment